Land Use Development and Assembly
Task Force recommendations to support goals in the Downtown Land Use and Development. Plan.
- Continue to facilitate development in accordance with its Downtown Land Use and Development Plan 2010.
- Adopt a Policy or Bylaw that would define minimum parcel size and Comprehensive Development (CD) Zones for specific blocks (i.e. old Safeway store and Empress Hotel sites).
- Adopt a short term policy to restrain high density residential rezoning in other areas of Chilliwack that would detract from the potential to do the same within the downtown core.
- Increase budget priorities and direct specific funds for landscaping and ‘public realm’ improvements.
- Look for an opportunity to establish a small business incubator in the downtown core.
- Make land ‘development ready’ with use of appropriate methods to acquire and assemble land and demolish buildings and remediate properties in key property blocks.
- Prepare a Site Development Plan, a Request for Proposal template and a Marketing Strategy to attract development companies and ensure suitable and timely development of the assembled properties.
April 18, 2016 Old Safeway Building Demolished and Site Rezoned
October 3, 2014 Chilliwack Moving Forward Event
September 29, 2014 Main Street Greening Improvement Project
September 9, 2014 First Downtown Show & Share Workshop a Success
August 29, 2014 Working in Partnership for a better Downtown
February 18, 2014 City moves forward with downtown revitalization plan
January 13, 2014 Mill Street Upgrades
July 3, 2013 New Brownfield Redevelopment Guide
June 27, 2013 Community Gardens Bloom Downtown
June 27, 2013 Nestle Waters Canada
December 10, 2012 Downtown UFV Presence
September 18, 2012 Concept for Downtown Block
September 18, 2012 Downtown Plan Implementation Committee
June 4, 2012 New Proposed Unsightly Premises Policy
February 11, 2012 Council has received the Downtown Task Force Report